Emory Shared Collection: A resource sharing service offered to all eligible Georgia Tech patrons through remote requesting in the library catalog as well as an on-site (walk-up) service.
Eligibility: All currently enrolled students and currently employed faculty and staff in good standing at Georgia Tech Library are eligible to use Emory Resource Sharing.
Scope: Printed books (monographs) with the standard loan period
Exceptions include, but are not limited to:
- Reserve materials
- Reference materials or other materials that do not circulate without special permission
- Materials housed in any special Collection
- Bound Materials
- Journal Articles
- Other material that the Emory Library designates as not eligible (popular/leisure fiction, and/or audiovisual materials, etc.)
Physical Emory collections available to Georgia Tech:
- Woodruff/Business – walk up and collections
- Science Commons – walk up and collections
- Music Media – walk-up and collections (books only – no media/equipment)
- Health – walk-up and Library Service Center collections
- Theology – walk-up and Library Service Center collections
Physical Emory collections NOT available to Georgia Tech:
- Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives & Rare Book Library
- Pitts Theology Library
- Oxford College Library
- Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library
- Emory Hospital branches
Loan Period: 120 day loan period for all patrons. Three renewals can be performed by patrons through their library account
Recall Fines: Recall fines for Emory materials will be $2.00 a day for each recalled item. Recall fines apply to all patrons.
- Students - INFODesk
- Faculty and Staff – delivery via Document Delivery (LENDS) to their office/department.
- Delivery to the LSC or Emory campus are options that are available as well
Need a book from Emory’s collection?
Let Librarian Marlee Givens show you how it’s done in this handy video tutorial.