SMARTech Public Deposit License - Non-Exclusive Distribution License
To properly administer this repository and preserve the contents for future use, Georgia Institute of Technology (“GT”) and Georgia Tech Research Corporation (“GTRC”) requires certain permissions from you, the author(s) or copyright owner.
By accepting this license, you do not give up the copyright to your work. You do not give up the right to submit the work to publishers or other repositories. By agreeing to this license, you grant to the GT and GTRC the perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right, with right to sublicense, to reproduce, modify (as defined below) and/or distribute your submission (including the metadata and abstract) worldwide, in any format or medium for non-commercial, research, educational, or related academic purposes only. You also authorize GT and GTRC to allow users of the repository to distribute your submission (including the metadata and abstract) worldwide, in any format or medium for non-commercial, research, educational, or related academic purposes only. GT and/or GTRC will clearly identify your name(s) as the author(s) or owner(s) of the submission, and will not make any alteration, other than as allowed by this license, to your submission.You agree that GT and/or GTRC may, without changing the content, modify the submission to any medium or format and keep more than one copy for the purposes of security, back up and long-term preservation of the scholarly record.
You represent and warrant that you are the author of the submitted work, the submission is your original work, and/or that you have the right to grant the rights contained in this license. You also represent and warrant that your submission does not, to the best of your knowledge, infringe upon anyone's copyright. You also represent and warrant that the submission contains no libelous or other unlawful matter and makes no improper invasion of the privacy of any other person and that the work you submit is classified as Category I according to GT Data Classification policies. If the submission contains material for which you do not hold copyright and that exceeds fair use, you represent that you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright owner to grant GT and GTRC the rights required by this license, and that such third-party owned material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text or content of the submission. IF THE SUBMISSION IS BASED UPON WORK THAT HAS BEEN SPONSORED OR SUPPORTED BY AN AGENCY OR ORGANIZATION OTHER THAN GT OR GTRC, SUCH AS THE NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH, THE NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION, OR PRIVATE FUNDER, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE FULFILLED ANY RIGHT OF REVIEW, CONFIDENTIALITY, OR OTHER OBLIGATIONS REQUIRED BY THAT CONTRACT OR AGREEMENT.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, Georgia Institute of Technology and Georgia Tech Research Corporation and their officers, fellows, governing board members, employees and agents, from and against all claims, actions, suits, damages, liabilities and costs (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) arising from or in connection with your submission.
___________________________________________________________________ Signature Date
- Copyright and Use of SMARTech Content: SMARTech includes text, images, graphics, information articles, multi-media object, scholarly projects and other works protected by copyright, trademark and other laws (“Content”). Some of the Content in SMARTech includes materials such as original images scanned from the special collections of Georgia Institute of Technology or older published works that have passed into the “public domain” under U.S. Copyright Law. In instances where we are aware that such materials are in the “public domain,” we have identified them to the extent possible. However, the SMARTech website and most of the Content held in SMARTech are protected by copyright and other laws. These materials have been deposited to enable teaching, research and other nonprofit educational activities. Unless otherwise specified, you may use the SMARTech website and the Content only for non-commercial, research, educational, or related academic purposes. Further, it is your responsibility to assess any copyright or legal concerns that might affect your use of SMARTech content and you shall assume personal responsibility for your uses of Content.
- SMARTech Access Levels: Where possible, SMARTech makes its Content available to the general public. However, some of the Content on the SMARTech website has been made available only to GT community users or other user subgroups by the depositor. Such Content cannot be used, downloaded, or distributed outside the GT community (or subgroup identified) without the specific permission of the depositor.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: THE SMARTECH WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE SMARTECH WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OWNERSHIP, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, SUFFICIENCY OR QUALITY OF THE SMARTECH WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY PARTICULAR CONTENT WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE. WE DO NOT APPROVE OR ENDORSE ANY POSTED MATERIAL OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHERS, INCLUDING GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AUTHORS. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SMARTECH WEBSITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR OR INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SMARTECH WEBSITE OR ITS SERVER IS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS.
- Limitations of Liability and Remedies: WE MAKE THE SMARTECH WEBSITE AND CONTENT AVAILABLE FREE OF CHARGE. YOUR USE OF THE SMARTECH WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU, IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SMARTECH WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, OR YOUR USE OF THE SMARTECH WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, OR ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF THE SMARTECH WEBSITE OR CONTENT IS DEFECTIVE OR WE ARE NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE AT FAULT, AND REGARDLESS WHETHER WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Contact for Website Issues:
- A. Copyright Complaints:
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your copyright has been violated on the SMARTech website, please notify us through the Georgia Institute of Technology’s designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)) at email@example.com.
- B. Other Site Issues:
Please direct all other communications to the SMARTech Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A. Copyright Complaints: