Schools Served as Subject Librarian
Research Support Services
- Guidance in researching topics for theses and dissertations, papers and projects, research grants, course web pages and class assignments, etc., especially in the areas of Physics and Materials Science & Engineering.
- Database selection and searching techniques assistance.
- Identification and verification of where a publication is being cited and by whom.
- Research and reference assistance by appointment, e-mail, phone, and fax.
- Online Research Guides. Selected key resources, including recommended databases for:
Teaching and Other Services
- Instruction and demonstrations for individual, groups, or classes on using the GT Catalog, GALILEO, and over 200 databases.
- Customized instruction sessions on finding information geared to specific classes or assignments. Check the Library Calendar for upcoming sessions.
- Consultation with faculty in structuring successful library assignments.
- Formal orientations for new faculty and graduate students.
- Seminars as scheduled by faculty.
- Consultation concerning recommendations for purchase of library materials including books, journals, databases or other information resources.
- Research data curation
- Scholarly communication
J. Lee, G. D. Lilly, R. C. Doty, P. Podsiadlo, and N. A. Kotov, "In Vitro Toxicity Testing of Nanoparticles in 3D Cell Culture," Small 2009 5, 1213-1221.
B. S. Shim, W. Chen, R. C. Doty, C. Xu, and N. A. Kotov, "Smart Electronic Yarns and Wearable Fabrics for Human Biomonitoring made by Carbon Nanotube Coating with Polyelectrolytes," Nano Lett. 2008 8, 4151-4157.
R. C. Doty, T. R. Tshikhudo, M. Brust, and D. G. Fernig, "Extremely Stable Water-Soluble Ag Nanoparticles," Chem. Mater. 2005 17, 4630-4635.
R. LÈvy, N. T. K. Thanh, R. C. Doty, I. Hussain, R. J. Nichols, D. J. Schiffrin, M. Brust, and D. G. Fernig, "Rational and Combinatorial Design of Peptide Capping Ligands for Gold Nanoparticles," J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2004 126, 10076-10084.
R. C. Doty, R. T. Bonnecaze, and B. A. Korgel, "Kinetic Bottleneck to the Self-Organization of Bidisperse Hard Disk Monolayers Formed by Random Sequential Adsorption," Phys. Rev. E 2002 65, 061503(6).
R. C. Doty, H. Yu, C. K. Shih, and B. A. Korgel, "Temperature-Dependent Electron Transport through Silver Nanocrystal Superlattices," J. Phys. Chem. B 2001 105, 8291-8296.
J. D. Holmes, R. C. Doty, K. P. Johnston, and B. A. Korgel, "Control of the Thickness and Orientation of Solution-Grown Silicon Nanowires," Science 2000 287, 1471-1473.
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) -- Science and Technology Section
Master of Science in Information Science :: 2010
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Thesis: "Influences of Anticipated Citation Counts and Author-Fees on the Attitudes of Tenure-Track Science Faculty toward Open Access Journals"
Doctor of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering :: 2003
University of Texas at Austin
Dissertation: "Electron Transport, Self-Assembly, and Electroluminescence of Nanocrystal Superlattices"
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering :: 1998
University of Arizona