Schools Served as Subject Librarian
Research Support Services
- Research support for faculty, staff, and students in the School of Literature, Media & Communication.
- Research support for the Writing & Communication Program including English 1101, English 1102, LMC 3403, and the Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellows.
- Reference assistance in all academic areas.
Teaching and Other Services
- Collaborate with LMC faculty to support student research in topics related to literature, media, communication, and culture and to identify and purchase library materials to enhance research and instruction.
- Conduct course-related and course-integrated library instruction for individuals, groups, and classes.
- Provide multimedia software instruction for LMC and ENG classes and faculty in collaboration with the Multimedia Instruction Librarian.
- Provide research support and instruction to strengthen students’ information literacy skills.
"Teaching Students How to Avoid Plagiarism Without Boring Them to Death." Brown, Sherri & Jon Bodnar. 7th Annual Georgia Conference on Information Literacy. Savannah, Georgia. October 2, 2010.
"In the Eye of the Beholder: Defining the Library's Role for the University's Undergraduate Community." Brown, Sherri & Jon Bodnar. GLA COMO (Council of Media Organizations) Conference – Cooperative Ventures XXI. Columbus, Georgia. October8, 2009.
"Beyond Google: A Librarians Perspective on Integrating Research and Library Sources into the Composition Classroom." Brown, Sherri, Jon Bodnar, and Erica Bodnar. Student Success in First-Year Composition Conference. Statesboro, Georgia. February 6, 2009.
- American Library Association(ALA): Library Instruction Roundtable
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL): Instruction Section, Literature in
- Georgia Library Association (GLA)
Master of Science in Information :: 2008
University of Michigan
Masters of Arts in English :: 2005
North Carolina State University
Bachelor of Arts in English :: 1999